Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail management

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Over the years I've ended up with a pile of personal e-mail addresses to keep track of. I'm working on combining and simplifying. I'm thinking of trying to get down to 4:

- Personal mail
- Spam catcher for newsletters, forums, online purchases, bill paying, etc.
- 'Private' address for resume, banking, online medical, etc.
- address to use with online resume, job search sites, etc.

How do others divide their mail?

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Interesting - that's pretty much the same breakdown I use, except I'ce combined your last 2 categories.

I've found that job sites generate as much spam as anything. Also, I figure the address connected to things like bank accounts should not be 'published' anywhere. In fact, on further thought, I don't think I'll even use that one on my printed resume.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

I too have four - plus I use Mailinator for some of the one off, never want to see again stuff like registering for demo downloads. Some sites don't like @mailinator.com but will accept some of the aliases.

A friend recently showed me the disposable addresses in yahoo mail but to be honest I'm not sure I can get my head around them and I have a seperate SPAM email address anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back