Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e-mail link thru Flash? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomph

Technical User
Oct 10, 2000
US
(Note: I am an extreme newbie to Dreamweaver, so please be patient with me!) :)

I am designing my website pages in Flash, then importing them into Dreamweaver. I have an animated contact page, where I want people to be able to click on a 'contact' button and send me an email. Because I don't want to interrupt the animation on the page, I thought that I might be able to link the button inside the flash anim to new html page that would automatically open up an email box. I see that there is a command in DW to create an email link, but how do I get it to open it automatically as soon as the page opens?

(I am not fluent in html or Javascript, so if your answer involves me coding anything by hand, please be very specific in your instructions as I do not know anything variables, parameters, etc.)

It seems like it should be something simple! I hope the answer is too!

Or might you have a better answer to my dilemma that does not involve slicing up the animated contact page? Maybe there's a better way to do this... Any ideas?

Thanx y'all!
Boomph

Set the link on your contact button to "mailto:your.email@yourhost.whatever" as DW would do for you when you would tell him to create an e-mail-link.
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Perfect solution! Worked like a charm! Thanx a bunch, Haslo!!!

Boomph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back