Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Mail Folder Counter Totals Different on PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

horna

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
My folders totals are different.
I log into my Notes Account on one PC, Inbox Folder counter is 1540.
I log on another PC and the count is 501. Then I log in, on the same PC, BUT through Domino Admin, and the count is zero.
Funny thing, the zero count does show some "red" e-mails.
I'm not sure what drives the folder totals. It can't be PC specific because my 501 and "no amount" was displayed on the same PC.
I have tried the Fixup Program, but a that does not do anything.
Thanks for your help. running 6.5.2

It appears that in Domino Admin, no folder totals are displayed.
I cleared both folders of totals, and now it appears that anytime I bring in a new e-mail, the totals match.

How did you clear the folder of totals??

I have a user that archived a load of emails in a folder but the folder still shows 551 unread emails, I selected all the remaining emails and marked them as read but still it shows 502 unread emails? How do I reset this?

I have another user has the same problem with her inbox its never accurate, is there a way of switching off this counter altogther?

The only way I know to clear the totals in one folder, is to select (check off) all e-mails in the folder, which can be a pain if there are hundreds of e-mails, then do the Edit, Unread Marks, Mark Selected Read.
Other than that, I have cleared a user's entire file, (Edit, Unread Marks, Mark All Read),then reset the most recent received e-mails in their Inbox back to "red". I figure, any e-mails in their folders should be marked "black" because they should have read the e-mail before moving it out of their Inbox into another folder.

Thats weird I just went on to the users computer and its suddenly all ok, I did run fixup on their mail file a few days ago maybe it just needed some time to kick in???

You can also refresh their database design and restart the Notes client if the other methods don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back