Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e-mail arrives ATT00002.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiklar

Technical User
Apr 10, 2000
US
Mail from certain people arrives to me with no visible message but a text file attached.<br>That text file is called something like this:<br>ATT00025.txt;charset=WINDOWS-1255.<br>I can double click that text file & notepad will open with the message.<br>I'm using Microsoft Exchange 5.0.1457.3<br>Is there a way to have the mail received as readable text without having to do that?<br>If the setting is on the senders end, what would that be?

I had a similar problem, but it showed up as something like ATT00002.<b>HTM</b>. I think it was because the person sending it to me was using Outlook Express and I use Outlook 97. I could double-click the file to view the email in Internet Explorer. You might want to check with the sender and see what client he/she is using. <p>Phil Hunt<br><a href=mailto:philh@dqc.com or huntjr@usit.net>philh@dqc.com or huntjr@usit.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back