Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Mail Archive mailbox on a second server

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicaluser4

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
MT
I have installed a second MS exchange 2003 server so that all the emails sent & received on the primary server are archived on a single mailbox residing on the secondary server. Reason being not to increase the size of the primary exchange database.

Everything is set up however the emails are not being archived. Does anyone know if I need to manually configure some sort of connector?
The queues of both servers reflect the real situation however archiviing is not working.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Via System Manager, did you assign the secondary server's mailbox as the archive target in your primary server's database properties (General tab)?

Hi yes I have specified the mailbox for archiving pointing it to the mailbox on the secondary server, but with no success.

Are you able to send a mail message to the archive mailbox (assuming you did not hide it from Exchange address lists)?

I'd try restarting the IS on the primary server. On an E2003 box it may need that to get journaling going. If that doesn't resolve it, I'd also look at message tracking using the "from" field of an email and see if anything's being routed to the journal box at all.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back