Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Commerce Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNIX72

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2000
US
I developed a simple 3 page HTML website for my aunt's craftstore, now I want to be able to sell stuff from the site. How is this done? Any good idea's links/books on ecommerce. What's the best solution without going over $300.00 dollars a month. Will miva work for my situation or something else? Thanks all who help.

Does your Aunt already accept credit cards? If not, Miva is a perfectly good e-commerce solution. If she does, you may want to look into a package like QuickEStore. QuickEStore allows you to build and manage an online store using a browser. You do everything with just a browser. Feel free to contact me for details.

John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

I'm not sure I quite follow John; Miva Merchant can work with or without real-time credit card verification, so whether or not you have payment gateway access isn't really a limitation. Further, Merchant uses only a standard browser to administer it. --------------
School supplies for the needy:

if you just want a simple cart, most of the payment processor provides them already. CCNow, WorldPay, CommercePayment ... they all come with a simple shopping cart and a check-out counter. However, if you need advance customization, you'll either need to build your own (script) or use one of the more 'advance' shopping cart software ... or rent one of those "Instant E Shop" packages out there ... ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Visit --> for (Replica) Watches, Pen, Handbags, Hats, Jerseys and more ... at prices that makes your code spin ...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Quite right, you are. Thanks for the correction FoxDev. I actually was confusing my carts. According to their site, Miva supports the following payment gateways if you already have a merchant account:

Authorize.Net Payment Services v3.0

E-Commerce Exchange/QuickCommerce 3.0 Payment Gateway

Moneris e-SELECT Payment Service

GlobalCommerce Payment Gateway

CyberSource ICSv2 Payment Services

Cardservice/LinkPoint Payment Gateway

Paradata Payment Service

Verisign Payflow Link

Verisign Payflow Pro (PaymentNet)

John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

If it's as simple as 3 pages, use Paypal's shopping system. It's too easy and is pretty much free. You stick a button on the page next to the item. I think they also have one where you can add a few items to the "cart".
If you get bigger than that then start moving along to Miva but Miva is no longer under $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back