Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E&M programed DTI sending 4 digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UOFL

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
US
I have a 8 port analog fax server that I’m trying to send 4 digits using an Adtran Total Access 616 from an option 81 using CDP. What my problem is that I can call and connect just fine, the fax server isn’t getting the digits. I have put a digit grabber inline
and I can see the digits being sent. I get a 1 to 2 second bust of tone after the digits, at
this point I can manually enter the digits and the fax server routes the call correctly.
Both Adtran and the fax server vendor said the burst of tone is coming from the option 81
until I can get rid of that tone or get the digits to pass after the tone can I get it to work.
These are E&M lines and I have attached the programming, does anyone have any ideas
of what’s going on or what I could do to resolve this issue? Thanks

DES LNTT1
TN 076 01
TYPE TIE
CUST 0
TRK DTI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 22 1
TGAR 1
SIGL EM4
STRI/STRO WNK WNK
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS CTD DTN ECD WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 14 MAR 2007

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 22
DES FXSVR
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP DTI
ISDN NO
DSEL VCE
PTYP DTT
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 2191
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
STYP SDAT
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 128
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 0
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3

IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
SST 5 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH
CPDC NO
DLTN YES
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO

PAGE 002

RACD NO
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

LD 87
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 2417
DSC 2417
FLEN 7
DSP LSC
RLI 75
NPA 502
NXX 561

that tone is sf.. signal freq... are your eam type a or b? that may be the mismatch. your almost working on a piece of history.. not many of us left that installed "ear and mouth" trunks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

By type a or b do you mean two wire or four wire?

A little more information please. I presume that you have a T1 using E&M Wink from the Option connected to the Network port of the Adtran. The Adtran has DS0 maps channels 1 thru 8 connected to Service FXS, with RBS ON? The Interfaces on the FXS are configured as Mode Tandem (E&M). Then, under Tandem, Conversion is Loop, Supervision Wink, Dial Tone and Ringback Disabled, Answer Supervision Enable, DNIS Options Enable, DNIS Delay 3.0, Fwd Disc 1.0, Fwd Disc Remove. This is the setup that we tend to use, please forgive me if your configuration is different. Also, what Generation of Adtran do you have, and what Firmware? This can be found under System Info. Adtran had some firmware out that really shouldn't be used.

I had DNIS Delay 5.0 changed it to 3.0 and changed Answer
supervision to enabled, everything else was set the same.

made test call still does the same......

My firmware Revision is A.04.04.26
and the generation is 3

I'd upgrade the firmware to A.04.04.71, or the latest A.05.03.01. I doubt it will solve your problem, but it's best to be running the latest. Both can be downloaded from Adtran Website. I've successfully done the application on both versions, but 05.03.01 has only been around about 2 months, so I've used it less.

Also, I'm going to assume that your Fax server answers the incoming call on the very first ring? If it doesn't, this will never work. And, that it's expecting ring, and isn't a DID board?

It is answering on the 1st ring, I just need to check with
the fax server vendor on those other two issues.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back