Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically show/hide toolbar????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
My problem is printing the current page via a button on the page. This is turning into a browser incompatibility nightmare!!! One solution I thought of was to show and hide the toolbar by clicking a button in the bottom frame and clearing the history list. On out site, all navigation is done by provided buttons in a frame, and we have disenabled the toolbar. If I could show and hide it dynamically, it could solve our problems. Anyone know how to do this??
Regards,
Peter,
South Africa

It seems like you are mixing two different issues: printing a page and show/hide something.
If the problem is to print the page in another frame, it can be done like this:

parent.frames[1].document.print();

If it's something else, explain it clearly. All I can tell is that you can't change browser window attributes (toolbar, statusbar, etc.) dynamically. It's possible only when you open new window.

I had a similar problem and solved it by opening a NEW browser... I can give you the script if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back