Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically change location of OLE object

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregorySeifert

Programmer
Nov 5, 2010
BE
Hi,

I generate a report using version 2008. The result of this report is passed by a webserver as a PDF file.

I need to put some Word and Excel files in this report. I know how to put these inside my report using an OLE object and I know about the linked flag (so I do succeed of having modified word content in a fixed located word file)
However I want to change to LOCATION dynamically as the WORD document is generated real-time by another application. (as I do without problems for real-time generated images). The OLE object does allow to connect a formula to the location field, but this doesn't seem to work (as it does for images) ?

Anyone any ideas what is going wrong?

Many thanks,
Greg

A Txt or HTML file can use our cViewTEXT utility. Doesn't currently work with Excel or Word Documents, although I'm looking at that for a future product sometime in the new year.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back