Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamically change forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangaroo22

Technical User
Aug 25, 2000
US
I have a problem! I recently was looking for a way to dynamically change my forms. In better detail, I want to be able to have two list boxes. In list box 1 i select an item. List box 2 then dynamically updates to the sub-categories of list box 1. Then I also want the users to be able to push a form button and then just have the website grab the value of the second list box and send it to a CGI script. Hopefully you're still with me. I found a script that does this at but when I tried to use their script it didn't work, and they weren't too clear how to use it. If anyone has any help, whether it be how to get Site Expert's script working or if you have another source I'd really appreciate it. Thank You.

Hello there,
I bought a magazine called '.Net' (in U.K) last month and it had the code you want inside. There website is
I havent looked at the website, but you should find it in the web builder section. The magazine is the september issue if that helps.

kangaroo22:

I am looking for something similar to use on one of my sites as well. Have you found any other sites that have the drill-down menus?

Chad

Hi everyone. I'm the one with the original question. I'm still having trouble finding this. I did check out .net magazine, theirs was full of errors and I couldn't get it to work. I'm still searching for a good one that will allow me to pass the value of the second list on to a CGI script. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'd be just as happy to hear of a site that uses such a feature. Maybe I can figure it out from there. I am desperate here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back