Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamically change columns of a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgdeepak

Programmer
Mar 2, 2003
IN
Hi All,
How do i dynamically change the columns of a report based on the input parameters.

Hi Deepak:

You can dynamically change the columns of the report. But that's very cumbersome.

But the easiest way to go about is select all the columns that will be required for the report at strech.

Then we can dynamically display the columns selected by the user in the details section by overriding MakeContents method of the frame.

Send me a mail so that i can send you a sample for you. Tell me what version of actuate you are using???
Thanks

Arun

Arun,
I'm using MakeContents() to dyanmically build controls but the process seems to be very inefficient as the report generation time is slower by a factor of 10 compared to using static controls. Memory usage is also much greater.

I'm dynamically building controls because I don't know until run time what type of control is needed (AcTextContol, AcDoubleControl, etc.). I'm comparing multiple database fields before setting the datarow variable.

Have you run into this problem?

I'm currently running Actuate 6.1.

I am trying to do the same. Can someone email me the sample code to do this.

Thanks,
Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back