Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically change chart legend on report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtroiano

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
US
is it possible to have the legend be dynamic?

jerry.

thanks for the reply. i already checked that. i've found out that you can't change the labels with the legend property but i thought that there might be another way of doing it. i was able to do it,throught code, by changing the row source of the chart but only on a form and not on report, as i would've liked. apparently, you cannot change the row source of a chart on a report. yet another problem.

jerry.

You can change the rowsource of the chart (sort of). Set the rowsource equal to a query. Then, when the user clicks on the button to print the report, prior to opening the report (which includes the chart), build the query (that the chart references) like you want and save it. Then open the report. The chart should display like you want it.

that is what i have done but the labels in the legend are the column headings on the chart's datasheet which are in turn what is defined in the query(Sum(qryUGFederal.PreviousAmountU) AS [2000-2001]) where "2000-2001" is the column heading/legend label.

jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back