Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic text not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGann

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
US
I've got 10 dynamic text areas that I'm trying to populate with items pulled from xml. The xml is loading fine. Trace shows that the array values are being set correctly.
i.e.
// txtAreaNum = 0 through 9
itemNameTxt[txtAreaNum] = xmlNewsItemContent[j].childNodes[1].firstChild;
trace ("itemNameTxt[" + txtAreaNum + "]: " + itemNameTxt[txtAreaNum]);
yields: "itemNameTxt[0]: Hagerstown helps local soup kitchen "

But the text isn't showing up in the boxes.

Do I need to give the dynamic text areas instance names or just set the Var? (I've tried setting var in the properties box as "itemNameTxt[0]"

Any thoughts? Do you need more info?

TIA!

CG

Thanks Kenneth. I did get it to work. I hardcoded the instance names and am using a switch/case to set the values. It's repetitious & ugly, but it's working... not without other problems, though (I'm looking at your info on thread thread250-1392995 regarding those)

Any ideas why a multiline text area isn't wrapping text? I don't have it set on "no wrap" and if I make the text area bigger, all it does is increase the font size (if I embed the fonts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back