Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Sum from One sheet to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topcat04

Technical User
Sep 14, 2007
GB
Hi All

Im trying to get the following formula to work across sheets without any luck.

=SUM(BB5:(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(OFFSET($B$4,2,MATCH(Summary!$B$2,$B$4:$DA$4,1)))))))

This works fine when its located on the same sheet as the data (sheetname is UnitSales)

I want to use it on a Summary Sheet and tried changing the Formula to the below - but it returns an error.

=SUM(UnitSales!BB5:(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(OFFSET(UnitSales!$B$4,2,MATCH(Summary!$B$2,UnitSales!$B$4:UnitSales!$DA$4,1)))))))

Your help to be able to get this to work on a Summary Sheet is appreciated,

Hi Zelgar
No the master sheet does not have daily data. It is an accumulation of a lot of data - some needed such as Weekly sales, but some not needed so much at the moment such splitting out stock between DC's and UPC codes etc
I have added a snippet of the Master Sheet to give an idea - as you can see there is currently 2000+ lines and this will grow each week.
Thanks for your feedback.

I'm still waiting for what you expect to see on the Summary sheet based on the sample data you posted.

It's a pretty simple request and we've been waiting 2 days!

Skip
Sorry been away from keyboard for the evening as out.
The 12weekSales is the summary sheet as far as the data is concerned.
It has more development but until I can get the sales summing from one sheet to another, it's still developing.
Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back