Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick46

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
US
I have created an Access database, with VBA code driven by buttons. However, some of my users have Dymo labelprinters attached to their machines and some don't. If I add the reference to the Dymo .dll then the users without the Dymo printer get a "missing reference" error. If I don't have the reference, then the ones with Dymo printers can't use the buttons.

Does anyone have a code sample that:
-on button execution checks whether this user has the Dymo .dll file
-if so installs a reference
-if not puts out a message
-removes the reference at completion of button execution

Thanks,
Rick46

Hi!

i don't have a code sample for that purpose, and right now i'm not in the mood for that either, but instead of doing that why don't you create another command button and set the code for one of them, leaving the other button with the code to print in the other printer! like that you'll have two buttons for each printer! it's not as eficient as the other method but it will get faster!

i know i'm not helping too much but...

Skep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back