Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic property task

Status
Not open for further replies.

washaw

Programmer
Feb 13, 2008
What is equivalent to dynamic property task of dts2000 in SSIS 2005

Thanks

You can use variables for a lot of things you would have used dynamic property tasks for. Many of the components allow you to either hard code a setting or to set it dynamically to a variable.

Variables and Expressions. The real fun is when you start evaluating variables as expressions based on other expressions. If I need to due something and the base component doesn't support variables, like the lookup task, I will then write a script task to do it for me.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Expressions and their syntax--my least favorite part about SSIS.

Expressions and their syntax--my least favorite part about SSIS.

Indeed. But since whenever I go back and work on DTS packages just about everything becomes my least favorite part, I'll take it ;-)

[small]----signature below----[/small]
Majority rule don't work in mental institutions

My Crummy Web Page

Here is my problem

I am designing a SSIS package, this ssis package collects info from different servers and dumps the info onto one server.

for this I have a data flow task, in the dataflow task I have souce server and destination server; my source servers are many; therefore I want to make the ssis package dynamic and it changes the source server at runtime and collects the info from each server.

what is the easiest way to do so

Thanks

I think you can use a script task to alter your connection manager and then execute the data flow task.

You might even be able to use a for or foreach loop.

Hope this helps,

Alex

[small]----signature below----[/small]
Majority rule don't work in mental institutions

My Crummy Web Page

how do I loop through all my oldb connections using foreach loop container.

I was able to do it for files in single folder but got confused for the source servers I have.

please help, I spent two full days to figure it out and now I am giving up

Thanks

I would try making a table that contains a list of servers and their information server name connection string and such. Use and execute sql task and read this information into a Variable with Package level Scope and of type object. Use this as the source fariable in a For Each Loop taks iterating through the Variable into a seperate variable of data type string. See if you can use a script task to update your connection strings in your datasources.

for variables I usually use like
ConnectionStrings (object)
ConnectionString (string)

This format lets me know right away which one I whould be working with. I will have to play around and see what else I can come up with, but am in the middle of relocating to the Atlanta area.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back