Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Pick Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear

Instructor
Jun 1, 2001
CA

I've just looked at Crystal version 9 and they still don't seem to support dynamic pick lists (i.e. one where if the drop down field source changes so do the drop down list items on the parameter).

Is this simply never going to be supported natively or does the report always have to run via a vb or c++ or other 3rd party app to have dynamic pick list capability?

Anyone know of some code out there i.e. a dll or something that will support dynamic pick lists using the crpe32.dll run time engine?

This is the most fundamental limitation I see in the product now. If they fix that its quite nice overall!

Thanks

checkout I am not sure if his porduct works in CRv9, but it does in v8.5. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Yes, DataLink Viewer works with CR 9.0

I agree with you that it is difficult to understand why Crystal hasn't added similar functionality into their product. They must have heard the same complaint thousands of times...

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

This question was raised again at the Australian user Group Conference and Crystal Decisions did not have any clear answers as to when the product would support dynamic pick lists. Hopefully in the next version.

I have a question for you guys. We were using ReCrystallize to web enable our reports. We recently had consultants come in and create .asp pages to do this because recrystallize was having problems. However, we have seemed to have lost the multiple selection funcionality for our parameters. This has to do with the pages the consultants created not passing multiple values. Any ideas where I could get some info on how to correct this. It looks as if they used VBscript also, and are passing info via the GET method. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
tphil13@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back