Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic pick list parameters with range values missing all the data from DB.- urgent please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandarna

Programmer
Jan 2, 2003
US
I have created report with 5 dynamic parameters. All are range values. User will select from and to values from pick list.
Database field names are element_1, element_2 element_3, element_4, element_5.

What I am expecting from these five parameters are distinct values from each elemnt. However, I see some values are missing, except first one.
For ex: in element_1, I have two distinct values like 1100,1101, I can see both of them. But from next one on I don’t see all the distinct values from the database. I can only see some. It is same for all other rest of the parameters.

I want all the values to be displayed from each element. Can any one have any idea?

nb

I found some info in the google.

now I am thinking why my first onw is working. it has only tow distinct values. now I noticed that my pick lists are limited to 10 items only.

above gave me how to do but it is for CR 2008. I am not finding same regedit path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

I don't see Suite 12.0. I can see Suit 11.0 and Suit 11.5 and none of them have LOV.

appriciate your help

nb

I did not resoved this issue can any one help me?

nb

Assuming you're using Crystal XI r2, you should add the LOV element to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions key.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Are these cascading parameters? If so, the number of values may be limited in some tiers if the combination of all results would exceed 1000 values.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back