Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic parameters stop working with CR 2008 SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenhamady

Instructor
Sep 10, 2000
US
After applying SP3 to CR 2008 I found that I couldn't get dynamic parameters to work. I rolled back to SP2 and dynamic parameters started to work again.

I am on Win7 64bit so that could be an issue. But I had a similar problem trying to save certain reports with data. If they had parameters they would force me to refresh before every save. That problem went away on both Win7 and Vista as soon as I rolled back from SP3 to SP2.

Anyone else see this?

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Ken,

I updated CR 2008 with SP3 on a Win XP machine and am having the same experience, being forced to refresh parameters again before the report will save.

This annoys me,so I am interested in your statement about "rolling back to SP2". How do you do this? Are you just re-installing a clean copy and applying the service packs? Or is there a way to do this in Crystal that I am not familiar with?

Thanks for your help!

If you uninstall SP3 (like you would uninstall an application) it reverts you to SP2.

Ken, I am seeing this too, with CR 2008 SP4 (Win 7). Unfortunately I cannot roll back because SP4 fixes something else that was broken in SP3! Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Best,

Lee.

No, sorry. Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying SP4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back