Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Modifiers in Aloha - What do they do? How do they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation (better than the integrated help) that gives details about the Dynamic Modifier tab under items?

Or if you can, please give me a brief rundown as to what exactly they are (as compared to regular modifiers) and how they are used?

I work in an environment where the chefs are very demanding in regards to what they want the POS to do, with no concept of the KISS concept. So any tool I have to prevent chaos is a life saver.

Thank you very much in advance.

I'm not aware of any additional documentation on dynamic modifiers. Basically, you can assign specific modifiers to menu items. For example - breakfast burrito could have the modifier "mild" assigned automatically from the mod group "spice level"

This is actually one of the things I am trying to get to work. I have a dynamic modifier on a food item, the modifier is set to "included" and yet it does not auto add. I don't see any difference at all in how the item is rung up.

I found some documentation that might imply this is a QS feature and only appears in TS (I am running TS) but doesn't actually have function. Is this a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back