Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic images with dynamic links

Status
Not open for further replies.

csiwa28

Programmer
Apr 12, 2001
I'm using Flash to create a website and I'm integrating ASP with it and I'm also using an MS Access Database. The database contains a bunch of names. As of right now, I can do all the work in ASP (retrieve and read from the database and format the output) and display the results in a scrolling textbox in Flash. Now what I want to do is after each result, display an image and each image has its own dynamic anchor tag (e.g. test.asp?1,test.asp?2 ,test.asp?3 ). I've done this before in ASP, but it doesn't seem to work when I want to display the output in that scrolling textbox. Does anyone have any ideas?

You can't display images inside a text box in Flash.
Guess you could display them outside the text box if they were already all included in your Flash movie.
Otherwise the only way to dynamicly load pictures on runtime is to used Generator (mega bucks!) or JGenerator (free!).

Regards,
mywink2.gif
ldnewbie

Or convert them to .swfs and use loadMovie - also free.

I've got generator...whats the big deal about it?...how do I use it?...etc?...

Regards,
Anth:cool:ny
----------------------------------------
"You say [red]insanity[/red] like it's a BAD THING!"
"Dont yell at me if I'm wrong!...I'm at least trying to help!"

I'm trying to do a similar thing... load images that are dynamically generated by another program (a dynamic chart & graph creator application) and have them dynamically displayed at run time in a swf file.

If I understand OldNewbie correctly, graphics won't load in text boxes, therefore it sounds impossible without generator or Jrun. I know Generator is too expensive (we would need Enterprise Edition). Does anyone have experience with or pros & cons regarding Jrun?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't mean Jrun.. I meant to say JGenerator.

I haven't used it myself... But I think Rube, who had brought this "free Generator" to our attention on this forum had succesfully used it.
Here's the link: Since it's free, what's the worst that can happen?

Regards,
mywink2.gif
ldnewbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back