Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Images in Crystal 7/SQL 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshualtools

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
US
I'm looking to have some sort of dynmaic imaging in a Crystal 7 report, and i'm trying to avoid having to place five seperate images in the same location and hiding all but the needed one. I've been told that Crystal Designer 7 has problems with BLOB/image data from SQL, is this true and if so, is there a workaround?

Blob images are the only way to get dynamic images in CR (other than suppressing). I don't use Blobs often, but I haven't heard of problems, other than possibly the image quality. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Thanks for the reply Ken, do you know of any known issues with Crystal 7 vs. Crystal 8 in these regards? Seagate/Crystal Decisions' documentation has been sparse on this subject.

Got some good info: Crystal 7 only supports .bmp and .pcx formats from BLOB fields, and as of this writing, we are having trouble getting these to work from Stored Procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back