Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic hyperlink syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naith

Programmer
May 14, 2002
GB
Hey,

Can one of you kids verify the syntax of this hyperlink:

The idea is that {Database.Field} should act as a dynamic populace for the link. i.e. click on the field when the value is 8 - then the same report executes again, but with a new value of 8 being passed in, instead of the previous 7, say.

Trouble is, the dynamic aspect is completely ignored. The link simply re-executes a second example of the original report, based on the original values. So I get outputs of 7 ad infinitum - regardless of the value of the hyperlink field.

The parameter's default value is null.

I'd appreciate any efforts to point me at enlightenment.

Thanks for your time,

Naith

Dim webSource0
Set webSource0 = CreateObject"WebReportSource.WebReportSource")
webSource0.ReportSource = webBroker
webSource0.URL = &quot;viewrpt.cwr?id=<%=obj.Properties(&quot;SI_ID&quot;)%>&apsuser=Administrator&apspassword=&apsauthtype=secEnterprise&quot;

webSource0.AddParameter &quot;promptex-String1&quot;, &quot;AAA&quot;
webSource0.AddParameter &quot;promptex-Date1&quot;, &quot;Date%282002%2C12%2C12%29&quot;
webSource0.PromptOnRefresh = True
CRViewer.ReportSource = webSource0

I have 2 parameters String1 & Date1.

I can pass value to String1, but Date1 value causes the syntax error.

What am I doing wrong??? I am working on this for 2 days. I need a help.

Thanks

I changed the line for date parameter to

webSource0.AddParameter &quot;promptex-Date1&quot;, &quot;&quot;&quot;Date(1111,11,11)&quot;&quot;&quot;

It works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back