Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic heading in RN report - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrumaner

MIS
Apr 4, 2005
US
I have a need to have a heading on a report change based on the month that the report is run.

Picture a report with 10 columns, 3 heading are static, the rest are dynamic. What do I have to do to create a heading in each column that is a calculation?

Is this even possible and if so, how?

Hi! I create a calculation at the Tabular Model level with the text I want in the column heading. Open the "Query" window and drag the column from the Query Items to the Facts. Go to the report page. Select the column title (mine is a blue area usually with the column name). In the Properties on the left side of the Report Studio window, click property "Report Expression", then click the ellipses to the right. A window will open where you can drag the column name to the expression definition area.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back