Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic embedded outline into page or document

Status
Not open for further replies.

robschm

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
DE
i want to create a dynamic outline, no problem with the notes outline class. i can add entry and so on.
now the problem: i want to embed this created oultine into a page or document by lotus script or formular language. the idea is, that the user can design his own frameset. the frameset is given user can now create documents or pages with embeded outlines. in first frame, the user choose the used document/page (from a list), then the second frame is filled with this document/page and in the third frame, the action from the outline of the document/page is taken.

any ideas, thanks!

Your problem statement is unclear to me. I am not sure how you want the outline to function when fillinig the frame. I think you are describing a frameset with three frames. One of the frames will contain an outline. The outline will enable the user to select from a list of possible fillers for the 2nd frame. After that you lose me.

ok, step by step:
1st frame: a (profile)document with a listfield, including all possible pages(with frames) and a button, that opens this page in 2nd frame (@OpenPage...)
2nd frame: the page, that the user have chosen in 1st frame, this page includes an outline, which actions take place in 3rd frame.

so far, it is easy. but now, i want the user can fill out a form:
entry1: view1
entry2: view2

a script should build a page and an outline within this page, where these conditions where realized for notes. means, i need commands to create a page and embed an outline into this page.

you understand, dont you? user should create pages with outlines within.

thanks for request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back