Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic dropdownlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrytwinkle

Technical User
Dec 23, 2002
SG
Hello. I created a database using director and the data will be stored in a text file. Now I have the main program that will access this text file and use one of the fields as the options in the dropdownlist. Any idea how I can achieve this?
Thank You.

Look into ActiveX controls. You can import Window's drop down list (and any other type of control) from there. There's documentation on how to use the controls in the help file. If you have any trouble (List controls are quirky sometimes) just ask. If you give me an email address, I could send you an example movie.

u can email to zzzgal@yahoo.com

The controls are not really flexible. I thinking of creating something of my own. But I welcome all advice and help I can get. thanks

Ok, I'll make you something within the next 12 hours. I agree, custom dropdows are better than controls. One question though: When you say dropdowns, do you mean like file menus, or the dropdowns with the field and the arrow (combobox).

hHi,

If you have any money to throw at this, try OSControl Xtra from peghole.com. It costs a bit but does the business.

Regards
AJJA17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back