Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic dns setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdance

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
SE
I am using a dynamic dns update service ( to host my site neteject.com at home. (I have a dynamic IP).I have a client that updates my IP to and I point my adress to the the dns at Web and ftpaccess works fine. Now I want to install a mailserver. I have access to both Imail and and MailSite. I am unsure about installing these software when it comes to the dns-settings. It says something about entering dns-information in the network properties. I am new to Windows 2000 server.

How should I enter all information in the properties tab of the network when I have a dynamic IP which automaticly gets an IP?

// Thanks Henrik

My suggestion is a program called Mdaemon. Its a POP mail server and is one of the best. I run it on my home PC with a dynamic Address Updater( and i have NO problems.

And as far as the DNS you should enter, I use the DNS assigned to my PC. mine is techhelp.no-ip.com and thats the DNS my POP server handles and handles well i might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back