Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Default values for Parameter Fields . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2002
US
Is there a way to create "dynamic" default values for the parameter fields using data from the database source? I want to put all the possible values in the drop down list when the user runs the report, but I don't want them to have to manually type in what the data should be. Also, is there a way to format the data in the drop down lists? One of the items I need in the list is a year and it is defined in Oracle as simply "NUMBER" (not "NUMBER (4,0)"), and when it shows up in the list it looks like "2,002.00" which is not really what I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Believe it or not... yeppers. Crystal still does not support dynamic picklists. You can "update" the lists manually by importing the list or you can dynamically update it through VB (you would need help from someone else for that).

It turned into a "that'll be the day" Crystal lack.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back