Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Data Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocFKNx

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
Using Crystal 8.5/9.0. I have reports that are the same but need to have different ODBC data sources at runtime depending on where they are deployed. Without saving the data source in each copy of the report how can I have just ONE report that works with any number of ODBC data sources?! I'm using a proprietary front end (C++) that just calls the viewer to run reports. Thanks!

X

Also note that the reports use stored procedures in SQL as the ultimate data source (navigated to via ODBC connections). Not sure if this is pertinent. The stored procedure name is the same from ODBC source to ODBC source.

Thanks!

>I have reports that are the same but need to have
>different ODBC data sources at runtime

There is a FAQ for this Forum called "Data Access for the Developer using Crystal Reports". I think (hope) that will answer your question.

Good Luck!
WindUp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back