Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Content?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee20

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
Is it possible, to display dynamic content in flash? For example, I have a flash header which spans across the top of the web page, one of the sections that in the header is reserved for a "random testimonial" which will be pulled from a database. Can I do this with flash. Or will I have to cut the header into little pieces?
Thanks
lee20

Yes, it can surely be done. Even from a simple text file.

Awesome! Well I am not quite to the point of doing it yet. But I needed to know so I wouldn't have to back track once I get there. I'll probably post up here asking how when I get there. So if you know how go ahead and reply, otherwise I'll post again when I get there.
Thanks oldnewbie

lee20

I'm not at all familiar with database stuff... That said what database did you have in mind?

I'll be using mySQL. I know how to do all the database stuff. Just need to know how to implement it into flash.

Not sure if this is possible or if it is the best way. But I would like to pull the information from the database and place it in an html table. Then store that whole table as a string inside of a varible and display that variable in the flash header. Is that possible and is there a better way?

Thanks,
lee20

Note: I am looking for someone with flash knowledge to edit this header for me. I just need some motion tweens edited and a few other things. This is a paid project. Let me know if you could do it and what you might charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back