Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Columns in ReportNet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

madraj

Programmer
May 4, 2004
US
Hi,
i have a prompt for example called A,B and None in prompt page of a ReportNet report.
in the report i have to display the column based on these prompts.If user selects A, column A should be displayed in report.If user selects B, column B should be displayed in report.If user selects None, both column A and column B should be displayed in report.
Does anyone think this is possible or am i asking for too much?Anyone with ideas please help me.
Thanks in Advances

Regards
Madraj

Did u get this to work?

I have a similar requirement..

Hi, I have done something similar. However, it works only of you already have a prompt page with some other prompt.
Let’s say you want to make a very simple report, where you display the Country and either Cities or Regions.
Make a list report and add the Country. Create a Prompt page that prompts for one country name. Now for this report you want to let the user choose whether he wants to see a City or a Region column.
To do this, on the same prompt page add a value prompt. Create a new parameter, call it ‘Column’, click next, uncheck the 'Create parametrised filter' box and click Finish.
Under static choices add two values, City and Region.
Return to the report page and create a variable of type string. Chose the Parameter tab and drag and drop the ‘Column’ parameter into the variable definition. It should read ParamDisplayValue("Column") . Create two values called City and Region.
Finally from the toolbox drag and drop a Conditional Block List next to the Country Column. In the properties (unlock the report otherwise you can’t get to them) for the block set Conditional Block = the variable you have just created.
Under Current Block pick City, then drag the City element into the conditional block. Do the same for Region.
Now if you run the report you are asked if you want City or Region, and the report shows the one you choose.
Not sure whether this is exactly what you wanted, but hopefully it'll get you started.

Madraj,
Its possible....using conditional formatting
Have Column A & B in ur list frame.
Create conditions accordingly.
If user selects 'A', for that condition,
select Column B make BOXTYPE - None (in the properties).
Then Select Column B's Title and do the same.

Repeat the same funda for hiding column A if 'B' is selected in the prompt.

Prasad
RPrasad1@Chn.Cognizant.com

Steve,

For Impromptu, see thread401-647456

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

this should be sloved in reportnet

i have one prompt that mutiple select value prompt ie optional. i have values for Sites like SanJose, Pasadena, Greensboro.

my requirement is, in the prompt, it shoud show 'All' (Default should be 'All') value and if user doesnt select anything in the prompt, it shud show all the values of SanJose, Pasadena, Greensboro. I dont have any caluculated fields in the table. iam using only one summary table.

I am tryin to create with static choices and Default selections ( prompt properties) but i cudnt.

In report studio how to implement this? Please give the solution.

Thanks
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back