Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic cascading prompts not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenj68

MIS
Sep 22, 2011
GB
Hi, This, I'm sure is going to be a dumb issue - but has got me stumped. I'm on CR2008 v 12.3.0.601/ with Oracle, within the BO platform environment.

I'm testing out developing Dynamic cascading prompts which in this case has (and should be based on the following) three levels:

GH1 - Business Unit
GH2 - Business Sector
GH3 - Department

Details: All the above plus user name, date and a value - all show ok when report runs

I can create static parameter lists, which work ok in my reports but I need the dynamic option in order to roll out these reports to the rest of my company. Problem - when I try to create a dynamic option and choose New/ Choose a Data source/ Value - there are no attributes shown in the drop down list, so I can't even reference the attributes within the report itself. I've looked on line and all indications are that I should be able to achieve this but...........

Have I missed something? or is this a symptom of something else. Please advise

TIA

So you are selection "New" and then clicking on the open folder icon just below "New" on the left and finding nothing?

-LB

Hi LB, that's correct there are no attributes shown under the New data source/ value drop down

Are you accessing a stored procedure?

-LB

No, my environment uses a derived table (BO Universe) behaves like a standard select statement. I can not create SP's on my database as it is a SaaS (hosted) system and I do not have full admin rights.

B

Well, I'm wondering whether the use of a BO Universe might be the issue--but I have never used one, so don't know. Maybe someone else can jump in.

-LB

Whoever made the Universe needs to make sure LOV values are available. I know it is an option for each field in the Universe (I have taken training in Universes, but I have not used them much).

I hope this helps.

Hi Kray4660,

I'm also the one who designed the universe. I've followed the manual and created the LOV/ Generated, etc. Set up the individual objects and have the Business Unit / Business Sector and Department all defined in the relevant query panel/ conditions. But when I go back into each object and select display I can see the data (which is better than half an hour ago). Saved/ Exported the uni and then re-imported into rpt.

No change, still can't see any attributes in the drop down list on paramater/ new?!?

B

Unfortunately since I do not have much experience with universes, I am at my limit on what I know.

Thanks anyway, I'll just continue to do my research/ analysis and post whatever was the root cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back