Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Cascading Prompt Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstieg

Technical User
Nov 5, 2010
US
I have created a business view as follows...

DF has customer tbl - master tbl on c.customer=m.customer
also has a filter on it where customer.status = Active

BE has c.customer, c.name and c.status on it and a filter where c.status = active

LOV field is customer and description field is name

Called CustomerLOV.

On rpt side I create a customer parameter as follows,

name type List of values
customer string dynamic

Prompt group test Select Customer

Existing CustomerLOV - PrompGroup

Value Description Parameters
customer name ?customer

Prompt Text Enter Customer:
Sort Order Ascending by value
Prompt w desc only False
Allow multiple values True
Allow discrete values True
Allow range values False

The report is a sql command and in the command it is also limiting to customer.status = Active.

The problem is when I run the report the list of values that generate still has inactive customers in there, this is an issue because there are 40,000 + customers but only 6000+ active ones, changed reg key to pull back 8000 and since it pulls back inactive the customers i need to run rpt on are not in the list.

Can anyone help????

You say this is a dynamic cascading parameter, but you only mention one parameter. Please identify all parameters within the cascading parameter, indicating their levels.

You mention two different tables, but then don't explain where the LOV is coming from. If you are using a command to populate the LOV, please show the actual content of the command.

-LB

ok, maybe my verbage is incorrect, I created the customer business view above to basically obtain a list of values, it is as stated above so I don't believe it is cascading.

The lov is using the customer business view out of business view manager and specifically the customer table to prompt for customer code/name.

Okay, then what is the SQL for the business view you are using for the LOV?

-LB

not sure how to obtain the sql for the lov out of business view manager. if you can tell me how to get it I will. Sorry

I guess I shouldn't have responded as I have never used the business view manager. I assumed that you created something much like a command through using it. Maybe someone else can help. Sorry.

-LB

ok, no problem thanks for trying.

Hi,
Normally if both your Data Foundation and Business Entity are screened for only Active Customers, you would only get those in the drop-down LOV, so perhaps your link between customer and master is the problem somehow so that some inactive master.customer records are being added - try using this for the foundation ( altho' it should not matter):

c.customer.status = Active AND m.customer.status = Active

You BE seems to be built with only a qualifier on the customer table so is it only using that table?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back