Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Calendars in Access (advanced) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyness

MIS
Dec 21, 2001
US
Hey everyone! I recently received a work request, whereas a client desires data from an Access table, to be exported into an Outlook Calendar. Essentially, I have a table with a date, a title, and corresponding data. I need to figure out how to either create a calendar dynamically based upon a user inputed date range (where the day square is populated with the correct data title), or create a similar record set and export that into an Outlook Calendar (again, where the day square is populated with the correct data title). This sounds like a fairly advanced VBA application unless someone can suggest some sort of third party program that can do something like this. Really at this point I am stumped, so any help or direction would be appreciated! Some people say they are afraid of heights. With me its table widths.

I have an article I can email you if ypou provide your access. It allows your combo-box to become a calendar.

While I've not yet accomplished it, the Docs say that Ms. A. may link directly to Outlook (not outlook express). If you approach the outlook appointments as a linked table, you should be able to easily manipulate the data as easily as any other linked table, add edit delete information.

I have 'coded' the generation of appointmentments and reminders as well as reading individual e-mail items from specific (e.g. NAMED) folders, so I am sure that the connections CAN be made, and I'm sure that manipulation via generated LINKs should be a lot easier.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Hey, sanders720. Could you e-mail me that article to ian@everynobody.com ? I would appreciate it. Some people say they are afraid of heights. With me its table widths.

Also, I long time ago I found VBA script that generates a calendar dynamically with colors and fonts all from VBA. But it holds only one value (ie-the day you click on), and doesn't apply . If anyone is interested, I did not author the code, but if you wanted to use it, I have the Access example. Some people say they are afraid of heights. With me its table widths.

SANDERS720 I too would like a copy of that article if you please. My e-mail is MGS1068@AOL.COM

THANKS!!!

Hi, sanders720. Could you also e-mail me that article to lcumberbatch@htwebb.co.uk ? I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Can you also send the article to me as well at
dpimental@checkfree.com

David Pimental
(US, Oh)
dpimental@checkfree.com

Could you please email me the article to a.wright@bomac.co.nz Thanks heaps.

Could you send a copy of the article to smithp@wood.army.mil as well? Thansk

Could I also get a copy of that script. I am working on a similar application as the original post and need all of the info I can get. Thanks. Please send it to maximost@hotmail.com

shadyness,

"Also, I long time ago I found VBA script that generates a calendar dynamically with colors and fonts all from VBA. But it holds only one value (ie-the day you click on), and doesn't apply . If anyone is interested, I did not author the code, but if you wanted to use it, I have the Access example. "

could you send me that code? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
nimarii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back