Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic array as report input parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhancoc2

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
US
I'm running Actuate 7 SP2 on a Win2K box
Has anyone ever used a dynamic, multi-element array as an input parameter to a report?
If yes, how does one go about setting it up?

Thanks,
John

What are you trying to do? Are you talking about using an array as your Data Source?

Paul

Hi,

Here is similar requirement. Kindly let me know if you resolved it.

How do i dynamically populate the drop-down list paramter in actuate report?

I'm planning to run a query to get the value list to be displayed in parameter drop-down?

thanks in Advance,
Johinth

Hi
are u trying to populate a DHTML drop down menu.?
Please let me know. If that is the case assign the values in a array in the onread method of the datastream. then use the array in the browser scripting control component. Hope this might help

Yes, I would like to use an array as a data source to an Actuate report. Using a SQL table would involve way too much overhead to build and maintain the contents of the table. I have thought of passing the array as a delimited string. This seems rather cumbersome and archaic. Some programming languages allow the passing of an array to a program as an object. I just thought that Actuate might perhaps have this capability. Thanks, John

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the info, but i could n't resolve this problem completely.

>>then use the array in the browser scripting control component.

I was under the impression the browser scripting control component can be used only in the reports frame and not in the parameters page, which comes first before loading the report. Could you please elaborate?

My requirement.
My requirement is i have predefined set of status for workorders and i want to display the workorders in the report based on the status selected in the parameters screen. I want to populate the predefined status list in the drop-down list of the parameter Status.

thanks,
Johinth

Hi johinth
Do you mean the parameter editor which will appear before you run a report? If that is the case then you have advanced option of providing a drop down menu for a particular parameter. You can enter static values while creating the parameter.

But i'm not sure whether you can populate that drop down dynamically.

Thanks
Naveen

Hi johinth,

Were you ever successful with this requirement? I am attempting to do similar functions. I do populate my BSC dropdown lists correctly. But I do not know how to capture the selected value from the 1st list and then use it to populate the 2nd list.

any feedback would be appreciated.

johinth,

sounds like something simple if I read your requirements correctly. If you create a static dropdown for the status list that the user can select as a parameter, you should be able to use the value that you assigned to that parameter as a value in your query in the where clause. Like:

Select
workorders
From table x
where x.status = pStatus (where pStatus = value of parameter)

or am i missing the requirement?

Johinth,

You can pass the values of the drop-down parameter as a comma-separated list and then you can build an array using the ListToArray function and use that array as your dataset.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back