Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dyanamically adjust the positions of the contols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caster

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
IN
Hi all,
I'm using ACTUATE 6
In my report I'm displaying several controls one below another in a frame.
This frame is in the Before Section of a group.
What I want is if some control is having value 0 or null or spaces then that control shouold not be displayed..and accordingly the controls generated below it should be moved up so that there won't be any white space.
This is very urgent
Again---I'm using ACTUATE 6
Thanks in advance

You'll probably need to use the AdjustSize method for each control. I know you can change the height in this method, and I assume you can change the upper position as well.

You might need 2 global variables: MyOffset and MyHeight. MyHeight will be the height of each control, if you want to display it. MyOffset will be the Y position of the control within the frame.

In each control:
Sub AdjustSize()
Position.Y = MyOffset
If DataValue = 0 Then
Size.Height = 0
Else
Size.Height = MyHeight
End If
MyOffset = MyOffset + MyHeight
End Sub

You'll have to assign MyOffset = 0 somewhere in the group component, and assign MyHeight = 15 * OnePoint (or something else that you see fit) in the Start method of the main app. Also, make sure that the components are in the correct order in the Report Structure on the left side. You might need to use the Scratch Pad to help with this.

This certainly isn't the best solution, but in a pinch, it should work ok.

I hope this at least points you down the right path.
Regards,
Michael

Hi Miche
Thanks for your reply.
But the problem is different.
In my GroupBefore section I show different Counts.
Then there is Group Page header section in which I show labels.
What I want is if I reduce the height of the Group Before section, the page header should shift up so that no blank space appears between the GroupBefore and GroupPageHeader.
I not only want to reduce the size of the Controls in GroupBefore but want to reduce the Size of the GroupBefore component it self.

Thanks In Advance
CAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back