Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DW template messes with my coldfusion code

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtbikerider

Technical User
May 22, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a cf template to update all the pages in my site.

I enter the following code in the template (i've tried with the cfoutput in 3 different places to try and investigate the problem)
<cfoutput>#range#</cfoutput>
<div class="col3" style="padding-top:0px; background-image: url(../images/side_<cfoutput>#range#</cfoutput>.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
</div>
<cfoutput>
<div class="col3" style="padding-top:0px; background-image: url(../images/side_#range#.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
</div>
</cfoutput>

When I save the template the updated pages look like...

<cfoutput>#range#</cfoutput>

<div style="background-image: url(images/side_%3Ccfoutput%3E%23range#%3C/cfoutput%3E.jpg);>
</div>

<cfoutput>
<div style="background-image: url(images/side_%23range#.jpg);">
</div>
</cfoutput>

In other words DW converts the < into %3C and # into %23 which make the code not when when rendered by coldfusion. How can I tell the DW template not to change this code? Or any other suggestions?

--
John

Edit, Preferences, Code Rewriting, Never rewrite code: In files with extensions cfm

I was hopeful that was a fix but unfortunatley the problem persists. I also tried unattaching the template and reapplying it.

The problem only occurs when its inside the style attribute - this must be a clue but I can't think how it helps.

Any other ideas?

--
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back