Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DW-4 Browser Slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypet

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
All of a sudden, my "review in browser"(f-12), comes to a standstill for several MINUTES before it renders the web page I am trying to test in IE.

Nothing has been changed within the computer. This really has me stumped.
Needless to say, I really can't get any work done waiting for the page to be displayed. Has anyone come up against this situation before?

I have had this problem. My solution was to try not to have lots of programs running at once. I hope that helps.
Goste
----------
The man with the dumb name...

Don't close the browser window between reviews. Repeatedly closing IE makes it reopen at a crawl. All men die.

BT

You may try clearing internet cache and windows cache regularly. And also, as Bluetone said, don't keep closing the browser window. I think what is happening (I could be wrong, it has happened before) is poor memory management by DW or Windows, it is that the preview is left in memory even when you close the window, and then the OS has to swap info from RAM to HD when you open a new browser window. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back