Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVDRAM drive not functioning correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigger321

Technical User
May 21, 2005
GB
i have a HP laptop with a 'HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082N' drive in. recently when inserting things such as audio cd's or dvd's the drive fails to recognise them (in my computer the drive looks empty whereas before the icon would change signifying a disc in the drive) yet if i double click on the drive i can still see the contents of the cd/dvd and open them up. this problem has also affected 'autorun' which fails to work now. im not even sure where to begin trying to fix this, like what to check etc. does anyone have any ideas?

oh yea, i also cant use XP to burn data discs, as it says that there is no blank disc inserted (again this used to work fine) yet i can use third party software to create discs successfully? anyone else as confused as me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back