Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD to CD Copying Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dprao

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
CA

Can someone please advise:

Which is the best software to copy DVDs onto CDs to view them as Video CDs on home DVD/Video CD Players.

Which software can be used to transfer home made VHS Video movies to transfer onto to CDs.

dpr

To copy a DVD to a CD you will first need to copy the whole of the DVD film onto your hard drive which can take up quite a lot of space, this process takes a long time about 7 hours. To do this you can use this program called DVDx ( this will allow you to copy the DVD to your hard drive. Once on your hard drive you can use Nero Burner ( which is a great CD burner program to copy into a VCD or SVCD. For all your VCD answers go to this is a fantastic site for all your VCD and DVD needs! Hope this helps. Biffo, the Godfather of making mistakes in life. Although, his Tek-Tips answers and questions are no mistakes.

Hi, can someone please help me....i've read the above threads and want to try to copy a dvd. have a dvd drive and seperate cd burner drive and have downloaded 'dvdx'. I tried to copy the dvd disk/file to hard disk the easy way by just dragging it and dropping it to my desktop...started copying over then for some reason i cancelled it. Tried to do it again and now all i get is error message saying...'Cannot create or replace VIDEO_TS: File system error (-2147351799)'. Did not get this message the first time i tried to copy it to desktop/harddisk. Is there a reason for this..? Next i noticed that someone said you needed DVDX to copy it to harddisk, so started up DVDX and thought it was pretty damn hard to use...can anyone give me simple instructions on the usage of it please...or suggest another easy to use program that i can use to copy dvds..?

I have Nero 5 also. is this easy to burn the file on cd with ??

Any help would be great Thanks

Ian.

I've been doing this for quite some time. I can tell you that DVDx is crap. It causes sound problems, especially lagging.

You can use 3 programs for a perfect DVD copy:

Smart Ripper (to copy DVD to hard disk)
DVD2AVI (creates a go between file for encoder)
TMPEGEnc (Encoder program)

And of course, Nero to burn your CDs.

How to use them can be found at
Any questions, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back