Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Playback with Windows Media Player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebilly

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
AU
I'm trying to play DVD's on my XP Pro PC using WMP 10, but am having some problems inasmuch that the playback is slightly slow and occasionally jerky. In addition some DVD's (in particular The Office Series One Region 2) plays with no audio. Do I need to install some more or different codecs? The only codecs I have already installed came with the Cliprex free DVD player which I think included an MPEG-2 and something called Franhauser (? from memory) codec.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it helps, I am also using DVD Region Killer.
Thanks

bluebilly

go to and download the free version of bearshare. install it and run the free version of bearshare. where it says search type in codecs. then you can download any codec that you want.

The trouble is - I haven't got a clue what codec I need.
Rightly or wrongly, I purchased the PowerDVD SE codec pack and have loaded that, which my PC selects as the correct codec for WMP10 - so now I get audio, but the picture is still slow. What else can I do ?

thks for your advice

bluebilly

Do you have "TotalRecorder" on your system ? The audio driver of this software caused slow , jerky motions in PowerDVD. Use another audio driver if you did have "TotalRecorder" installed. Good luck.

If you still want to download the codecs. then when you open bearshare and type in codecs look for one that say ALL DIVX AND WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CODECS. Should be about ten megs. that's what mine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back