Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD, Matrox G400 Duel-Head, and Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSeriesCodePoet

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Sorry for the cross post, but I wasn't getting too many answers in Windows 2k forum.

I haven't tried to set up my DVD software for Windows 2000. Does anyone know if there are problems with the software at all under Win2k? If so are there recommendations to what I can do so I can watch my DVDs again on my TV? I have Matrix withdrwals! ;-)
Mike Wills
RPG Programmer

"I am bad at math because God forgot to include math.h into my programming!"

Please let us (Tek-Tips members) know if the solutions I provide are helpful to you. Not only do my posts help you but they may help others.

Hello Mike. You probably did not get any replies because no one may know. Its looking like a situation where you may have to install it on your machine and play with it to find out. Does this card have TV out for DVD? If so you can hook it up to a TV (within 25feet, cables any longer could get signal degradation and look terrible). So give it a whirl. Unless some one else has that card and Win2K it may be a while before you get the answer you seek. If you test it your self and it has issues you can just uninstall it. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I am getting lazy these days...I thought I would ask before I tried it out. Oh well, time to play with it and find out.

If it doesn't work, does anyone have a good, but cheap, alternative for DVD playback?
Mike Wills
RPG Programmer

Please let us (Tek-Tips members) know if the solutions I provide are helpful to you. Not only do my posts help you but they may help others.

Oh...if possible, non-software based decoding and works in Win2k. My PC P2 350, 384 MB RAM.
Mike Wills
RPG Programmer

Hi Mike,

It should work since it does for me. You won't be able to use Matrox's software DVD player though.

I have my Pioneer 16X DVD on my computer running Windows 2000 with SP2 and the Matrox G400 MAX DualHead card. I use Cyberlink's PowerDVD 2.55. PowerDVD 2.55 or higher is required for playing DVD's on Win200. You should be able to get other software to run.

As for the TV out, I haven't tried that; I have only used the second connector with another monitor.

Phillip Chee
Technologist

Just as an FYI.

Matrox is selling a newer software DVD player for their cards for Windows 2000 and ME. The cost is $9.95 USD to pay for S&H plus the cost for them to give it to us (doesn't make sense...but whatever). I have it ordered and should have it next week. We shall see how it goes. Mike Wills
RPG Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back