Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Eject

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger6

MIS
Aug 13, 2002
US
I'm experiencing an odd issue with my DVD drive.

When I press the button to eject the cd it automaticaly closes the drive before I can grab the cd. The second time I press the button to eject the cd it works fine and the tray stays open untill I press the button a second time.

Has anyone any ideas on how to get the DVD drive to stay open the first time you press the button and say open untill you press the open/close button a second time?

Thank you for any ideas.

Hello,

Very strange. Looks like a problem in your dvd's firmware or
maybe the button is bad or broken. Look on the manufactures site if there are any firmware upgrades for your drive.

If you still have garanty then swap the drive for a new one.

Good luck.

Pascal

Do you get the same problem if you right clock the drive icon and select "eject"?? If not - I'm gonna bet on it being a hardware problem...

Same issue if I right click and select eject.

First time it opens then closes immediately. Second time it operates normaly.

No recent system hardware or software changes other than installing Morrowind, and Wizardry 8. Neither of which should be affecting the DVD when they are not running. Nothing resident in memory out of the ordinary.

Full virus scan turns up nothing and Adaware is run every few days to prevent spyware funkieness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back