Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Drive won't recognize CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny112

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2010
US
I have a DVD drive that won't see any CD's when installed. I have removed the device and re-installed the drivers, checked for driver updates and firmware updates. One odd thing I noticed was when I tries to do a firmware upgrade on the drive, it rejected it saying I didn't have that particular drive.

The drive is a TSST TS-H625L.

Thanks

Try it in another machine, if it works ok there, I would check the controller on the motherboard with another drive, also check your cables are ok.

Have you tried the filter fix for optical drives in windows??

Download the Nero infotool to see what the drive is and what firmware it is. It will tell you what IT thinks the drives' capabilities are. I mean in terms of DVD plus or minus.

Then, if the drive's capabilities match what you are trying to do, you might try updating the firmware. Be careful and get it right.

DVD work fine both reading and burning. I've tried the firmware fix and it will not run

Code:
I've tried the firmware fix and it will not run
they will not run when attempting to update to another model... meaning you have the wrong FIRMWARE...

to boot, I can't even find the firmware for that model anywhere on the net... only one reference that it may be a HP proprietary model (not even Samsung list it)..

where did you get the firmware?

in the end you may just have to replace the drive, they are cheap enough these days...
starting at $13 upwards for IDE (which is what you have)...

e.g.

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back