Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD copying software suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb63640

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
We would like to archive our DVD collection. We have tons of little nieces and nephews who usually end up ruining (on the average) one DVD per week.

I DON'T want to make a thousand copies of a rented DVD, then pass them out to friends & family :) I just want to let the little guys watch movies AND not have to constantly re-purchase a movie after they've destroyed it.

I've got a Dell Dimension 3100 P4 3.8 Ghz with 1 GB RAM, so I should be good to go on hardware. What software would you suggest for this newbie?

DVDShrink is ratehr good for that sort of thing. Simply point it at the DVD, and let it go. It'll archive the DVD, shrinking it so you can burn it to a standard 4.7Gb DVD (dual-layer disks are still expensive!!)

------------------------------------------------------
Matt
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy

Roxio is simple and good...

or 'dvd43' coupled with 'oneclick' burning software will get you through encrypted dvd's

Tom

And also remember that DVD Shrink requires NERO BURNING ROM to actually write another disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back