Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dvd/cd drive will not refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave10

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
GB
This one has me stumped my dvd/cd drive will read anything I ask it to but if I then remove the disc ( cd or dvd ) and insert another disc the previous contents are displayed AND I can read them if I viewed them before I tried refresh to no avail I guess they are in some buffer but how do I read the second disc I have checked auto play on drive properties and they are set to default then the problem clears after 10-15 minutes or so gratefull for any sugestions

Usually this is caused by a 3rd-party application (such as Roxio DirectCD, Nero's INCD, Alcohol 120%, etc) that's not allowing the drive to refresh properly.

Try a clean boot (Instructions here:
Check the see if the drive is using DMA or PIO Mode:
[tab]* Note: Some drives are not DMA compatible. The ones that aren't are more likely
[tab][tab]to have the problem you're having. Make sure this setting is set to "DMA if available"

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

found it! did clean boot and a small utility called dvd43 caused it many thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back