Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicating values within a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

N22S

Instructor
Jun 3, 2002
US
A support person sent me the following message:

"I ran the corrected report that against production data on the host and received the same problem. The class on the top of page 4 had a standby count of 0/2 and all the othere ones that followed it contained the same value which was incorrect for them. I saved the report with the data and copied the report to my hard drive so I could send it to you.

Now here is the weird part. I wanted to look at the copy on my hard drive before I sent it to you. When I looked at the report with the data having been saved, there was no problem. The class on the top of page 4 had a standby count of 0/2, but the reports that followed it had correct counts of 0/0. I don't understand how that could happen."

The values in question are from shared variables with values originating in a subreport that appears prior to their appearance. I have used variables many, many times and fully understand the importance of placement, altering values etc. HELP! The crystaldecisions site had nothing I could find regarding such a problem. Could it be a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back