Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicating redundancy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XoverIP

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2000
US

Did u check the setting on the NIC card ?
Stop right here, I need to use that ATM machine!
I'm gunna go get the papers, get the papers.

Ixix CC, SWE, LCNCS-C, LNCS-OF ,3CSA, 3CNTS, 3CSE, NNCAS, NNCDS, ENA, ENA-PS, ENS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP

Perhaps the record goes to the hill in Cumbria just outside the village of Torpenhow, known as Torpenhow Hill. Tor in old English is hill, Pen in welsh is hill and How in Danish (brought by the Vikings?) is also hill.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

2ffat,

I stand corrected. Wikipedia rules!

It is time for pacifists to stand up and fight for their beliefs.

[small]<now for something completely different>[/small]
Do bass sing bass?
[small]</now for something completely different>[/small]

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

We have the first tuna, second tuna, barracuda and bass.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Mufasa:

I just read back through this thread and saw the conversation between you and Yuki.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall... lol... just to see the look on her face.

The Mrs. and I are planning on going to Japan in a couple of years (we're saving up for it now).

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Greg said:
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall... lol... just to see the look on her face.
Actually, due to her embarrassment, there wasn't much of her face to see...one hand over her mouth, the other touching her forehead in embarrassment, and tipping her head downward (again from embarrassment) caused her long, black hair to cover any part of her face that was still showing.

Although it was rather amusing to my wife and me, I completely avoided my showing amusement since that would have compounded Yuki's loss of face (pardon the pun) and discouraged her from asking the next time. I reassured her that it was far better to ask (and learn) by asking Mom and Dad than it would be to learn from people that didn't love her like we did. She agreed and understood, but it's still difficult to avoid her type of reaction when "loss of face" in Asian cultures is generally so ingrained.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I will admit that I'm somewhat obsessed with the Asian culture.

It was epitomized by an Anime that I was watching; the first episode of "Yu Yu Hakisho", actually.

The main subject of our story, Yusuke, fighter, cutting classes and so forth. Then you have Keiko, his lifelong friend, and the only one who really understands him.

She's just finished talking to Yusuke, and meets up with her friends. Her friends say "How can you even TALK to him? Aren't you afraid of what he'll do to you? Or even *worse*, what people would say about it?"

o_O

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

That young girl is one of the least benightedly unintelligent life forms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting."

...Douglas Adams, from "Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

Regards, Andy.
My pathetic attempts at learning HTML can be laughed at here:
My home page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back