Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicating page header on second page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joylaw20

Instructor
Nov 2, 2000
CA
I have a report that has a page break after each customer. Each customer may have several invoice listed. I would like the number and date of the first invoice for each customer to appear at the top of each subsequent page. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, Joyce

I think you mean the group header. A page header will automatically repeat at new each page.

To get your group header to repeat on every page, go to the design window and right click onthe group header, select format section and click the checkbox that says "repeat group header on every page". Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

Thanks for your reply. Actually my problem is that the report consists of a list of invoices and I need the number of the first invoice on the first page to print at the top of the second page.

Joyce

To remember the first invoice for each customer,

A formula in the Group Header Section
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar saveInv;
if not InRepeatedGroupHeader then saveInv := {table.invno}

Then a formula in the Page Header
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar saveInv ;

Or if your invocie is a text value rather than a number use
stringvar instead of numbervar.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear