Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicates entries in the decode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coutum

MIS
Jan 13, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I have NAI sniffer pro 4.7 on my laptop and realized not long ago the I have duplicate entries in the decode when looking at a trace. An example; I have a filter for my own MAC and ping one of my devices on my LAN, then, looking at my trace, I'll see 2 identical (exact duplicate) ICMP ECHO then I'll see the REPLY from the device ...

I can't figure it out !!!

Thank's,

Marc.

Hi there,

any VPN Client installed on your PC? I saw the same phantom on a customer PC who had installed the Cisco VPN Client 4.0.

Werner Fischer
SCM / CCNP / MCSA
look at the frames - bit for bit

good morning,

I think you found my problem; I have a Cisco VPN client 3.5.2B to connect to my Altiga VPN concentrator. If you saw the same result in 4.0, it means that the problem still persist.

I guess that the only workaround is to buy a PCMCIA NIC for my laptop and bind only the sniffer protocol driver on it.

Thank you very much,

Marc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back